[ale] Repair place for USB-C in Atlanta area?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 22:11:02 EDT 2023

Back in the day, everyone on the ale list had a soldering iron and could
use it. Now it's tough to get parts.

I would try Microcenter to see if they would touch it. The small shop near
Emory in the FedEx/Kinkos shopping center might be willing to do board
soldering. Microcenter has a few newer models on hand now so they may be a
repair center for HP.
https://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=&cat=&ntt=hp+spectra+x360

The problem is the repair will cost lots compared to buying a comparable
used one. It'll take days to fix and she'll need a working laptop during
that time anyway. Thus the argument to replace it is there. Then if the
repair cost is ok, it's a spare machine. Bear in mind the replacement parts
will be unlikely to be of higher quality than the originals.