[ale] Repair place for USB-C in Atlanta area?

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Sun Oct 8 21:37:20 EDT 2023

Both of the USB-C connectors of my wife's laptop are busted on her hp
spectre x360 - 15-df0043dx laptop. A bit of YT research shows that the
pins of the connectors get bent and the pads tear off the motherboard. Of
course one really can't use a modern laptop with no USB-C and she loves
this particular unit and wants to save it.

But repair looks like some specialized and difficult work. And it's
compounded by the fact that HP nor anyone else seems to have a supply of
the connectors that they use for this particular unit.

So, before I throw in the towel, I wanted to put a plea to see if anyone
knows a place in the Atlanta area that does this type work? The YT that I
watched showed the tech taking off both connectors, straightning the pins
on one of them, and reattaching it to the MB.

BAJ

--
Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology