[ale] nginx rewrite

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 21:35:58 EST 2023

Hi, James,
I couldn't tell the difference between the new and old somehow.
If one trusts what docs like this one
https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_rewrite_module.html,
it'd seem that the old query parameters would be appended by default for a
rewrite, unless a '?' is added to the end of the replacement URL path to
reject such appending.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 6:43 PM James Taylor via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I need to redirect a specific php query to new location.
> It shouldn't affect any query except the one specified.
>
> cal_full_day.php?date=2024-01-23&div=5 should be redirected to
>
> cal_full_day.php?date=2024-01-23&div=5
>
> Both files are in the same server path.
>
> I tried a straight rewrite in the server block, but I suspect the query
> and div may cause the process not to work like I need it to.
> Any recommendations?
> Thanks,
> -jt
>
> James Taylor