[ale] Good Laptop for Linux these days

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 10:19:40 EDT 2023

On Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 10:08 PM DJPfulio--- via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> On 8/3/23 08:17, Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
> >
> > If you plan to watch movies on the laptop, definitely go with the 15"
> > screen. A 17" is a large handful to move around and lands in the
> > gaming status, i.e., expensive, hot, power hog.
>
> Or just get a long HDMI cable to connect to the TV in the hotel room.
> Works great.

DJ Fulio, the last couple of trip, hotels are disabling HDMI on the the
TV's. The remotes won't let you know setup to re-enable. I had brought a
SBC with me was going to work in my room. The business center was
setup with HDMI Locks.

I guess too many people are bring their Roku/FireTV to watch when they are
traveling.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne