[ale] Good Laptop for Linux these days

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 08:17:24 EDT 2023

Do laptop still come with a DVD? I've been using external DVD for a while
now. My Dell XPS 15 and the Inspiron are doing quite well. Not had an issue
with wifi chips not working with Linux in a long time.

If you plan to watch movies on the laptop, definitely go with the 15"
screen. A 17" is a large handful to move around and lands in the gaming
status, i.e., expensive, hot, power hog.

I matched my laptop display with my TV , both 4k, so I can cable my TV in
as a second 55" monitor :-)