[ale] "Better" SO/SOHO networking (Ubiquiti?)

Ken Cochran kwc at TheWorld.com
Wed Jan 5 10:18:50 EST 2022

Hey ALE & Happy New Year

I'd like to upgrade/expand both my home & office network(s) &
with better stuff than the usual that's seen in the stores. I
like the idea of separate hardware for the router & the radio/wifi.
CLI/console support maybe nice too.

Ubiquiti but they seem "disappeared" now (products discontinued
or long backordered) - what has happened?

I have a couple of old Cisco/Aironet suspended-ceiling-mount
wifi devices left by a previous building tenant, looks like
they're POE powered. According to model lookup they're obsolete
but maybe usable (hmm).

Suggestions on Where To Look &/or What Doesn't Suck(tm)?
Or maybe build my own?

Thanks, Ken