[ale] Android apps for reading books WAS: Print vs electronic:

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Sep 27 13:16:01 EDT 2021

On 9/27/21 12:42 PM, Jim Kinney via Ale wrote:
> Love those terminal settings with blue text on a black background.
> Almost as useful as brown on black. Those same terminals often have
> lime green on white or worse, yellow on white.

A lighter blue text on black is fine, but the default in vim with the navy blue on black makes it so I cannot read **any** of the text at all.  I know there's text there, but that's about it.  Basically, it is like #ffffff for the background with #fffffe for the letters. Useless.  Cornflower blue - nice. Standard "blue" is terrible.

Test:
xterm -sb -fg "cornflower blue"  -bg black &
   vs
xterm -sb -fg blue  -bg black &

I can't read the 2nd at all.