[ale] IP over USB

Phil Turmel philip at turmel.org
Mon Sep 13 13:12:58 EDT 2021

I suspect that having to implement autoMDIX for 1G in these adapters,
the manufacturer enables it for lower speeds, too.  I use them to
connect 1:1 with all kinds of industrial machinery, and most of that is
still 100M or slower.

I have several of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013G4C8RE

They happen to be fully functional with Linux bridges and vlans--not
always the case in my experience.