[ale] Training recommendations

John Temple cjtemple at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:25:26 EDT 2021

Well our posting for a new Sr. Linux Admin has been up for over a month now
and we have one applicant. This morning my boss said it looks like I may
need to become our linux guy.

I have done a little configuration here and there, mostly LAMP stuff and
then there were a couple of linux classes well over a decade ago during my
undergrad.

Any suggestions for bootcamps or something? I need to focus on system
administration and troubleshooting (yes, I can hear several of you laughing
at the moment) . I know I am not really going to learn much for the later
in a training class.

Oh wait, there was a linux class that was offered here several years ago
and it covered:
cd, cp, mv, chown, chmod, ls and that is it! I knew the class was titled as
basic but come on all of six commands. I told the instructor I know those
commands were important but is there going to be a class on perhaps a more
intermediate level? Sadly the response was a resounding "No".

--
John Temple
cjtemple at gmail.com