[ale] Ubuntu 21.10 Released

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri Oct 22 00:42:17 EDT 2021

On 10/21/21 1:24 PM, Horkan Smith wrote:
> DJ, do you have a search string or some links I can look at?  Is it
> the bracketed-paste mode?

I don't remember, but I do remember there were 2 different fixes and one of them (the one I tried) broke all sorts of stuff.

It is definitely a bash 5.x thing, not in bash 4.x.

To all software maintainers, modifiers and creators, don't change defaults unless your users beg for it.  Make the option for the alternative behavior possible, but don't change the default for a number of years.