[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: Any ham radio operators among us? Linux in the shack?

Allen Beddingfield allen at ua.edu
Mon Oct 18 09:41:52 EDT 2021

I'm a fairly new ham (KO4OJA), and I haven't really gotten into the digital modes at this point.  I'm just doing phone, although I have decoded some SSTV.  I've been playing around with various logging software, and most recently have been messing with LOG4OM2 on a Windows VM.
The RFI from the system in question kind of makes me thing there is an actual problem with the PS (problem started with the introduction of the PS).  I have my work-provided Dell system next to it.  The Dell is silent, as far as RFI noise.  However, if I turn on my home-built system, it sounds like someone has fired up a welding machine nearby.  I think I'm going to do the ferrite chokes, anyway, but I may try swapping out that PS and see if I can take a chunk out of the noise that way.
Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer