[ale] Looking for 2 solutions. ???

Robert Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 12:22:30 EDT 2021

I'm looking to replace some machines that are way past their prime.  Just
moved and got a 15U, 32" deep rack to house them.  So I'm looking for 2
solutions.

1) A standalone baremetal box to run linux.  Only real qualification is it
has to take a full-sized video card.  Ideally a 1 or 2U rack mount.

2) I currently have an old 4 node C100 Dell system.
    a)  It's running my media solution ( Plex and some additional
dockerized tools), letsencrypt, and some other house-hold systems for the
family.
    b)  Using unsupported CPUs I can get to esxi 6.7 at the best.
    c) I would like to get this on modern CPUs and RAM and if possible stay
with a 4 node system but if not, I can go with some 1U or 2U solutions for
my vsphere cluster.
    d)  So I want something I can keep in my HA cluster but it's not super
performance.
    e)  And very importantly, it's going in the rack in the guest bedroom,
I'll be venting the top vents out the window but noise and heat are pretty
important.

Looking for any suggestions including where to get it, model, etc.

Robert
--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar