[ale] Linux on 6GB Dell notebook?

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Nov 17 11:16:18 EST 2021

You have to pay extra for the charger, although it's just USB-C so if you
already have one, you're set, or there are lots available everywhere. And
you do have to fill 4 "expansion" slots. Basically, there are 4 usb-c plugs
on the bottom and you fill them with mix-and-match adapters. Technically
you don't *have* to fill them but the bottom will look funny otherwise.
People have 3d printed their own, but the USB-A and USB-C ones are only $9,
or for $19 you can get microSD, HDMI, or DP. You can also get extra 256GB
or 1TB flash storage. The nice thing is you can say remove the HDMI and
plug in the DP later if your needs change, or remove both and put in
an extra USB-C if your monitor changes. They publish the specs and
encourage third parties to make their own modules, as well as encouraging
you to get your own memory, wi-fi, or whatever.

Linus Tech Tips video on Framework
https://youtu.be/0rkTgPt3M4k