[ale] okay, totally OT - free win 10 virus scan?

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Sun Nov 7 10:40:17 EST 2021

Sophos offers a free version for up to 5 devices. Free version supports windows and mac.
Unfortunately, they still consider linux a server platform, even if it is used as a desktop, so no free version there.
They also have free versions for android and iphones.
I run the android versions on my phones, and I'm beyond paranoid about anything running on my phone. Don't even run any google apps on my android.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Neal Rhodes via Ale <ale at ale.org> 11/5/2021 1:33 PM >>>
Helping out a friend.

Win 10 computer shows signs of virus.  100% disk usage, but Task Manager
shows nothing eating up that much.

Resource Monitor shows many copies of OfficeClickToRun.exe.  googleation
suggest this be virus.  Which appears to make many copies of itself.

Thus it would appear that I should find a bootable anti-virus to scan
this computer.

Given I don't want to spend a major portion of my remaining life,
suggestions?   I've used ClamAV in the past.   I don't want to make
things worse by running a virus-scan which is itself a virus.

regards,

Neal