[ale] Time for this Grey Beard to stir up some stuff

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 27 09:52:32 EDT 2021

My last carb car I worked on had dual twin Webber's. Keeping those balanced was a challenge.
Don't miss it.

The injection car I tinkered with had miles of vacuum hoses and stranded the wife due to a leak.
She was grinning the day that one was sold ('81 Porche 924 turbo - aka the 931 - oodles of fun when it worked).

On May 27, 2021 9:43:56 AM EDT, Jerald Sheets via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

>> On May 27, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Solomon Peachy via Ale <ale at ale.org>
>wrote:
>>

>> ObAnalogy: Do you miss carburated cars?  Having to check and adjust
>> ignition points?  Hard starts in particularly hot, cold, humid,
>and/or
>> dry days?  A pinhole leak in half a mile of vacuum hoses causning
>> stumbling under load, the inability to hold idle, or simply not being
>
>> able to start at all?
>>

>Bad analogy.  I have a carbuerated car that I adore working on.
>
>:-D
>
>—j

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool