[ale] Slightly OT: Mesh Network Strategy?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 15:44:41 EDT 2021

Seriously, beer sales at a Baptist church will be $0 unless everyone gets to hide behind a mask. It's the old joke of always take two baptists with you fishing because if you only take one, they'll drink all your beer 🤣🤣🤣

Beer sales at a presbyterian or catholic church will justify a beer truck!

Beer sales at an ALE meeting are missing data 🥺

Real idea: if networking costs get too high, sell beer tickets close to the wifi and exchange for beer cups at the tent.

On June 26, 2021 3:28:17 PM EDT, DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>On 6/26/21 3:15 PM, Phil Turmel via Ale wrote:
>> Is power to the storage building fed from the main building?  In
>> conduit?  If so, you are allowed to run an fiber pair through it.
>
>That got me thinking about other alternatives.
>
>If the power systems for both buildings are connected through a single
>breaker box, maybe Powerline Ethernet can work?  I get about 60 Mbps
>over mine (200 Mbps on the same floor) which is only a 600 Mbps
>(marketing lie), which is more than sufficient for beer sales.  Slap in
>a wifi AP or router on the far end, if you like.
>
>If I were doing it again here, I'd go with MoCA 2.5 Gbps networking
>instead since coax already connects everywhere here, but for the last 5
>yrs, the powerline ethernet has been fine.
>
>Ubiquiti stuff is cheaper at MicroCenter than online. Walk in and buy,
>if they have the model you need.  I checked and they have the LR AC AP
>mentioned.

Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool