[ale] Slightly OT: Mesh Network Strategy?

neal at mnopltd.com neal at mnopltd.com
Thu Jun 24 16:29:29 EDT 2021

So considering the following Physical layout:

Business Comcast

regular untinted Window in Building we can get Cat6 to

100 feet of parking lot

Storage Building with power and overhang to protect from rain

150 feet of grass/trees - could run Cat6 wire easily

Tent selling German beer with credit card readers needing Wifi (do I
have your attention now?)

And assuming we'd like for people to be able to buy beer, and we have a
modest budget for networking, are there reasonable mesh networking
products that would work?

I have never put in a mesh network; if you read the fine print, they
seem to assume all the nodes are clustered around a central node, not
strung out in a line.   (i.e. no backhaul)

regards,

Neal