[ale] Protocols

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 09:27:07 EDT 2021

In light of the recent email snafu I would like to remind everyone of a few essential behaviors:

Reply-all is bad.

When it looks like things are going sideways on a mail service, sending an email to everyone on that service really, really doesn't help.

Really, really, really doesn't help.

Autorespond is really, really a bad thing.

Really, really, really a bad thing.

-----
I wouldn't want to be a tax commissioner anywhere and Hong Kong is pretty high on the list of places where that job would be really horrid.

Really, really horrid.

-----

Please exercise patience when rushing to get things done in a volunteer organization during normal business hours. It can compromise a job to do personal stuff at work.

-----
Many thanks to Robert for making the time to
1. Shut down email
2. Clean up the mess
3. Implement a pretty decent policy to help mitigate similar issues.

Former Grand PuBah and generally Sir Talks A Lot,
Jim Kinney
--
Computers amplify human error
Super computers are really cool