[ale] Fedora 34, Firefox 89, video broken

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Tue Jun 15 08:53:21 EDT 2021

For what it's worth, I just updated my F33 desktop; this update also
included FF-89.  I just tested youtube and the first video I tried played
just fine.  So more likely it's either something specific to F34, or it's
something on your specific system.

-derek

On Tue, June 15, 2021 8:35 am, Pete Hardie via Ale wrote:
> It is more the problem that no video will play in browser - but all seemed
> well before the latest Fedora 34 update.  There are a number of people I
> follow on social media who post interesting-to-me video content, and
> having
> to go outside the browser is annoying
>

> On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 6:54 AM DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>
>> On 6/14/21 10:41 PM, Pete Hardie via Ale wrote:
>> > Updated yesterday, YouTube video does not play.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions welcome
>> >

>> Er ... use mpv with a current youtube-dl from github?
>>
>> Most of the time, I stay within the approved distro repos to avoid
>> dependency hassles later, but youtube-dl has to change constantly to
>> keep
>> up with all the different video stream site changes and repos don't
>> update
>> quickly enough for the project.

> Pete Hardie
> --------
> Better Living Through Bitmaps

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745