[ale] Fedora 34, Firefox 89, video broken

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 08:35:37 EDT 2021

It is more the problem that no video will play in browser - but all seemed
well before the latest Fedora 34 update.  There are a number of people I
follow on social media who post interesting-to-me video content, and having
to go outside the browser is annoying

On Tue, Jun 15, 2021 at 6:54 AM DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> On 6/14/21 10:41 PM, Pete Hardie via Ale wrote:
> > Updated yesterday, YouTube video does not play.
> >
> > Any suggestions welcome
> >

> Er ... use mpv with a current youtube-dl from github?
>
> Most of the time, I stay within the approved distro repos to avoid
> dependency hassles later, but youtube-dl has to change constantly to keep
> up with all the different video stream site changes and repos don't update
> quickly enough for the project.

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps