[ale] [EXTERNAL] Re: Hijacking my own IP

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Fri Jun 11 12:19:19 EDT 2021

Not to be glib, but wouldn't the simplest solution be to just turn the
printer off?

Or as an alternative, if your machine isn't offering any services, simply
to temporarily assign it a different IP statically?

Two different devices with the same IP address really has no workable
solutions. There will be continuous conflict between the two devices trying
to update the ARP cache with two different MAC addresses with the same IP.

BAJ