[ale] Worst contract job

Scott McBrien smcbrien at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 11:49:31 EDT 2021

Thankfully this did not happen to me, but to my cousin.  He was working on a federal contract as a systems administrator. When the contract was up for renewal, it was awarded to a new firm who’s bid came in substantially less than the original contract holder.

It is common in that space, for service continuity, for the old contractor to allow their staff (a hundred or so people in this case) to be hired on by the new contractor.  When offers came out, it was a 30% reduction in pay. Guess we know how they were going to make money on that lower contract bid!

My cousin signed on with the new firm, but quit and moved on to a new employer in about 6 weeks.  I got the impression that was true for most of the people that worked on this particular contract.

-STM