[ale] Robust Linux System for Remote Customer Service

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Apr 18 18:46:33 EDT 2021

Jim Kinney via Ale said on Sun, 18 Apr 2021 08:26:51 -0400

>On April 17, 2021 11:06:58 PM EDT, Michael Potter via Ale
><ale at ale.org> wrote:
>>3. Any recommendations on a robust printer?  I am thinking of having
>>two
>>per computer so we can switch to the working one.
>
>Brother multifunction laser printer

Please be aware that if you want to half way easily use a Brother
multifunction printer to scan, you must have a distro that uses either
.rpm or .deb.

My distro uses the xbps package manager, so I can't instantiate or
control a scan from my computer. Instead, I scan to usb, and sneakernet
it over to my computer. This works for me, but it would be very
inconvenient for those doing *a lot* of scanning or relying on a
shellscript to do the scanning.

SteveT

Steve Litt