[ale] Suggestion for a Good Linux/Desktop

David Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:44:59 EDT 2020

Seems to me you've gotten some really good recommendations here.  But Mint
and Cinnamon are usually very stable.  Sometimes I've seen some flickering
in Cinnamon, which I attribute to some recent experiments in the source
tree, but usually the production branch is very stable.  And Mint runs an
LTS kernel on an LTS version of Ubuntu, so it's about as stable as it
gets.  That combo should be working, so the freeze-crash problem seems
unusual to me.  It seems to me the problem might have nothing to do with
your choice of distro/desktop.  Mate is a smaller and less complicated
desktop.  But still...  Have you checked some logs to find out what else is
happening leading up to your freeze-crash incidents?