[ale] Suggestion for a Good Linux/Desktop

James Baker jimbakerforlinux at comcast.net
Sun Oct 18 13:04:58 EDT 2020

Have you tried Solus...?My daily driver and really fast with a small footprint.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Preston Boyington via Ale <ale at ale.org> Date: 10/18/20  10:19 AM  (GMT-05:00) To: Jim Ransone via Ale <ale at ale.org> Subject: Re: [ale] Suggestion for a Good Linux/Desktop

                                        I've been hearing good things about "Pop! OS" from System76.https://pop.system76.com/-- Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.-Dr. Seuss
                        On 10/18/2020 6:42:30 AM, Contact VPV via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:All,I have been using Linux Mint with Cinnamon Desktop for the past few years as my daily driver. I am able to get most of the things. But there are a few times the Cinnamon Desktop just freezes and crashes while I am in the middle of some work. This kind of throws me off. I have tried most of the tricks on the LM forums and nothing leads me to a proper solution.Now that, I am thinking of switching to some simple and clean desktop that does not crash on me. I had to use Mac for my work, so I will be switching between my Mac and Linux on a daily basis.  I had customized my Cinnamon to look and behave like Mac and was successful to an extent that I could manage.Is there a recommendation for a distro/desktop that would help me?
See JOBS, ANNOUNCE and SCHOOLS lists at
http://mail.ale.org/mailman/listinfo