[ale] Tool search

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Oct 16 08:25:41 EDT 2020

I was watching for responses.  This doesn't sound simple at all to me.

For a while they were adding dtrace to Linux, and I think Oracle Linux had
it.  I don't know whether it made it into the mainline, but if so, you
could probably put together what you need using dtrace.  You'd have to
consider all the ways (direct IO, minor page faults) bytes can get into
RAM, though, and filter out stuff you're not interested in (local disk,
etc.).

If there's no special tool and no dtrace, ftrace might be of interest to
you.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>