[ale] Tool search

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:51:49 EDT 2020

I looked at bonnie++ but couldn't figure a way have it basically monitor whatever is being opened.

This is an hpc stack with some users opening multiple TB in tens of thousands files for a single job.

I'm still pretty convinced the solution involves pulling data from a cgroup  structure. I have some cgroup contraints on memory per user. Adding cores per user next since some people don't spec how many cores they want to schedule and their code eventually says "all available". So no specific request means 1 core.