[ale] Need a better Linux distro

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Sat May 30 10:17:17 EDT 2020

Hey Raj,

Back when I was purely a Linux guy, adding multiple layers of defense
was a great idea. I had the time and skillset. Now, however, I have to
spend my time elsewhere, and my skills are rusty. I have to provide for
my wife's Mac and my own boxes, and that's time away from other stuff I
need to be doing.

My goal is to reduce the risk footprint. Or course, I won't get to zero
risk, but there are general things that can be done. Things like fewer
"extra" packages, a more trusted repo, and less software bloat. I'm in
the non-SystemD user space too, so that's key.

Leam