[ale] isp questions

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Tue Jun 16 17:28:46 EDT 2020

FWIW, I have a similar Comcast Business setup and have been generally happy with it.  It is *much* more expensive than residential.  And, while I haven't had local saturation problems, it likely shares equipment w/ residential in my area - they tend to go down / come back up around the same times.

I'm (background) exploring the idea of a Digital Ocean VM w/ static IP to proxy/route/something my DNS, mail, web, ssh, etc traffic that's holding me to the local static IPs and modem rental.  Anybody made that switch?

later!
   horkan