[ale] isp questions

Justin W Elam justin.w.elam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 01:16:02 EDT 2020

Good evening:

Here is some recent information regarding ATT internet and telephone
service.

A recent check at the ATT business page shows a pricy 575.00 per month for
20 Mbps per location for what At&t describes as 'dedicated internet
service'.

You can get it cheaper but that means you have to share the service and
network with 'your neighbors on the way to the Multiplexer'.

>From what i understand, ATT is pushing what is called 'fixed wireless
internet gateways to the home' to fill out the network.

Which is basically using radio frequency spectrum to push internet from the
wireless network to a home gateway a la the former  and new cellular
networks bandwidth over various proprietary frequencies and algorithms.

Some of this is using millimeter wave technology to push 100 Mbps or
greater over the air.

Instead of rebuilding the Multiplexer networks.

So what they are doing is every so often you 'dsl/adsl/vdsl/vdsl2/' will be
offline during the day.  And then around 5 PM. The network comes back
online at a faster speed with a new card.

This card uses the modem architecture to go digital to analog at the modem.

Analog rf down the line to the Multiplexer where it then goes back to
digital along the fiber line to the CO and data center.

My connection has improved over the last 20 years from 1.5/.7 to 3/1 to 9/3
to 18/6 to 36/12.

I just checked and my speed was showing 34/7 with a dB loss of about 8.

So we pay about 40 a month for basic shared internet.

Or i can spend 550 and more per month for dedicated fibre to the home, Plus
installation charge and fees.

However I tested my new mobile that has mmWave technology that is still
running on LTE like networks and on occasion I get over 100 MBps.

So for ATT the cellular network is going to win out for data/phone/tv.

And state by state based on the phone tariff POTS is going VoIP and voLTE.

As most of the states tariffs don't regulate the method of communication
technology.

All that the tariffs state  is required are a pulse or touch tone dial tone
for a set fee.

Your mileage may vary.

Good luck and I will see you on down the line.

Cheers from J =]
--
-------------------------------------
Justin W Elam

===============================

If you need help with your case contact ATT at '0 or 00'
or
+1.800-225-5288
or
+1.800-288-2020

24/7/365

 For general customer service and operator support.

Some teams are not available at all times such as: billing, porting,
corporate, and  other specialized teams.

The new Service team for ATT  internet is at 866-861-6075
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET Saturday & Sunday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET

The fixed wireless internet new service team is at
English 877.990.0041
Spanish 877.900.0046
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET.

The fixed wireless home phone team is at
*Wireless Home Phone*
800.331.0500
Every day, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. local time

*Att prepaid fixed wireless home phone team is at *
*AT&T PREPAID Wireless Home Phone*
866.975.0050
Every day, 8 a.m. - 3 a.m. ET

Small Business Service Team
for non dedicated internet service
and other business new service requests
888.944.0447
*Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.*

Small Business Dedicated Internet Service team
*Ordering*
877.542.8666
*Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.*
*Billing*
877.561.5921
*Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m*

ATT wireless formerly ATT Cellular
*Bill & account*
611 from AT&T mobile phone
Every day, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. local time
800.331.0500

*New service*
888.333.6651
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - midnight ET Saturday & Sunday, 8 a.m. - 11 p.m. ET
Order status <http://www.att.com/checkstatus>
877.782.8870
Available 24/7

ATT Telephone Service via VOIP a/k/a Digital Phone New Service Team
*New service*
800.861.6075
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 10 p.m. ET Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. ET

Home Security a/k/a My digital life
*Monitoring*
855.288.2727
Available 24/7
*Bill & account*
855.288.2727
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 11 p.m. ET Saturday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. ET

FirstNet Customer Service is at 800.574.7000 24/7/365

Consumer Support:

Contact AT&T by phone or live chat to order new service, track orders and
get customer service, billing and tech support

https://www.att.com/contactus/

Small/Medium Business Support

http://www.corp.att.com/businesscontact/

Enterprise Business Support

For Enterprise Businesses with more than 100 employees
https://www.business.att.com/enterprise/support/

Executive Customer Care Contact

If you've contacted Customer Service and require additional support, click
here to contact Elaine Malit, VP-Customer Care
https://www.att.com/gen/investor-relations?pid=27794

AT&T Corporate Headquarters mailing address is

208 S. Akard St.
Dallas, TX 75202

The AT&T Corporate Main Telephone Number is +1 (210) 821-4105 <2108214105>.
Investor Services are handled by ComputerShare at 1.800.351.7221

National Center for Customers with Disabilities (NCCD) team

You can call the NCCD from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday, at
*866.241.6568*. Using a teletypewriter (TTY)? Call *866.241.6567*.

The Disability and Aging Center is available from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. ET,
Monday through Friday and from 8:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday. You
can make voice calls to the Disability and Aging Center at *800.772.3140*.
Or, make TTY calls to *800.651.5111*.

Additional information is at http://www.att.com
###