[ale] isp questions

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Mon Jun 15 21:22:06 EDT 2020

I think that I have the exact configuration you are looking for.

- AT&T fiber goes into a U-Verse "modem"
- Enabled the DMZ feature on one port of the U-Verse modem
- pfSense firewall plugged into the DMZ port
- pfSense shows my true IPv4 and IPv6 IP addresses
- The DMZ passes _almost_ ALL traffic to the pfSense firewall
- Inbound ssh and other high-ports work fine
- I think inbound http/https, NetBIOS, and SMTP (tcp/25) are blocked by AT&T

Hope this helps.

/Raj