[ale] Suggestion on Sonus Airplay from Linux Mint

Contact VPV contact at vpv.io
Thu Jun 4 20:15:54 EDT 2020

Hi All,
I am using Cinnamon 4.4.8 desktop on Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia based on Ubuntu
18.04 bionic.
I would like to get some suggestion on getting Airplay work on my system
like how it works on Mac.

I have a Sonus One speaker on my LAN and my Mac detects it as Air Play and
able to switch my system audio output to the Sonus Player. However, on the
other hand  with my Linux I am trying to achieve the same and it does not
seam to be working. I tried a lot of airplay for linux tricks and nothing
seams to pick my Sonus Speaker like my Mac.

I have also tried the Wine and Sonus mix on it and it does not work. Sonus
would not provide a native app for Linux, nut has an app for Mac and
Windows.

Has someone successfully added Sonus Speaker as audio output device from
Linux Mint? I am running out of ideas and need some help on this. Can
someone suggest me some tools that will work on Linux?

Thanks,
Venkat