[ale] upgrading desktop

Bob bobabc at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 30 21:00:13 EDT 2020

Hi Leam,

I think I'm following some of your advice already.

I do have a laptop (that's newer than my desktop), but I prefer working
on my desktop.  Much of my work is setup so that I can work from either
the laptop or desktop.  I use git to keep projects synced on the two
machines.  I also do regular backups (that are based on a script from
J.D.'s blog---so if it doesn't work I can blame him.  :-) ).  However, I
confess my backups are not off-site.  Some of my work is joint with
others, so there are off-site copies of at least some of the work.

Building a machine is tempting, but I need to wait until I have more time.

--Bob