[ale] Suggestion for a Good Linux/Desktop

David Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 13:31:31 EST 2020

Void looks like an interesting distro.  My main drawback is that in reading
the website, there's a snow flurry in the background, and I happen to have
some "floaties" in my eye balls anyway, so I can't tell sometimes whether
the snow flakes are on the page or whether I need to see the opthamologist
or whether they're part of the artistic expression of the web designer!
Oye, it sucks to get old!

But I gather that Void does a lot that is original and that it's not
derived from another distro.  That it uses the xbps packaging system, that
it's a "stable rolling release" distro, that it uses the runit init system
rather than systemd, and that it uses both the gnuc and musl c libraries to
compile against.

I gather that you like the distro a lot.  Can you give any idea on how many
users the distro has?