[ale] OT: Win10 and VPN

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Dec 8 11:23:51 EST 2020

Microsoft marketing is working, as usual. Whether anything is actually secure isn't the question, just whether some marketing team can convince people that it is secure.

Win10 RDP is better than prior RDP authentication methods, but does that mean any company should trust it?  NO!  Some parts of security really need 2, unrelated, methods providing security.  A VPN plus Remote desktop is one example.  I'd rather that crackers need to hack 2 unrelated systems, than just 1 to gain access to corporate LANs.

Be many people will allow convenient choices over what could be called extra security. How many thousands of times has MSFT provided some code implied to be secure, yet it wasn't, especially security code?  Anyone remember PPTP?