[ale] Dave's ARCH Installer

David Jackson deepbsd.ale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:42:15 EST 2020

Hey Everyone,

So I'm an Arch Linux fan, and I've been working on a couple of scripts:  1)
Darchi (Dave's ARCH Installer) and 2) Farchi (FastARCHInstaller)

Arch doesn't have a graphical installer.  Normally, one installs the system
by hand.  Or using a personal script.  I'm doing the latter...

Right now I'm just trying to get "farchi.sh" working well, and if anyone is
interested, I'd like to ask for some alpha testers in Virtualbox or
whatever.   Darchi is intended to be more complex and handle more
situations and flexibility.  Farchi is intended to be edited by hand for
whatever machine you're installing to.  Then it is supposed to just work
and give you a bootable system.  (You still need to watch it and pay
attention though!)

It's all still a massive WIP.  So some days things will work and other days
they'll be broken as hell.  Here's the repo:

https://github.com/deepbsd/darchi

Now that I'm sharing this for the first time, it occurs to me I should
really have a stable branch and a development branch!!!  Ooops!!

Anyway, if anyone is willing to take a look and give me ideas, or even try
things out, I would be very grateful!  Many thanks in advance!!