[ale] Good Linux Laptop from Lenovo?

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Sun Dec 6 13:14:01 EST 2020

On 12/6/20 12:44 PM, Bob Toxen via Ale wrote:
> My main use is browsing, text email, and watching DVDs.  (I realize that
> I'll have to buy an external USB DVD burner.)

Or just rip the DVDs on a desktop to avoid carrying more crap.

Have to ask, what sort of Java programming are you doing where 8G isn't sufficient? I've not had issues with any other languages with that amount and running a few VMs concurrently.  But with Java, I wonder whether 64G of RAM is sufficient.