[ale] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Georgia Absentee voting request

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:25:49 EDT 2020

My last vote printed a paper ballot I could read. That paper was fed into scanner with a locked collection bin. Look verifiable to me. Didn't sound like a paper shredder. Ideally I should see image of my ballot next to what the scanner says is my vote for final approval.

On August 26, 2020 1:29:02 PM EDT, DJ-Pfulio via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>On 8/26/20 1:02 PM, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
>> If you are physically able to vote in person, I would encourage you
>> to do so. I have seen too many failures in the postal system to
>> trust them.
>>
>> Which doesn't really mean I trust the walk-in totally, but it's a
>> little more than the nothing the USPS gets.
>
>I won't be using any Georgia voting machine that doesn't provide
>paper output.
>Georgia voting machines do NOT have a paper trail.
>https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_methods_and_equipment_by_state
>
>Unacceptable.

"no government by experts in which the masses do not have the chance to inform the experts as to their needs can be anything but an oligarchy managed in the interests of the few.” - John Dewey