[ale] ***UNCHECKED*** Re: Georgia Absentee voting request

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Aug 26 13:33:05 EDT 2020

HI,

On Wed, August 26, 2020 1:29 pm, DJ-Pfulio via Ale wrote:
> On 8/26/20 1:02 PM, Leam Hall via Ale wrote:
>> If you are physically able to vote in person, I would encourage you
>> to do so. I have seen too many failures in the postal system to
>> trust them.
>>
>> Which doesn't really mean I trust the walk-in totally, but it's a
>> little more than the nothing the USPS gets.
>
> I won't be using any Georgia voting machine that doesn't provide
> paper output.
> Georgia voting machines do NOT have a paper trail.
> https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_methods_and_equipment_by_state

ACTUALLY.....  They do now.  At least the voting machine I used earlier
this month for the Fulton County runoff election had a paper trail!  It
uses a touch screen to make selections but then when I'm done it prints
out a piece of paper with a QR code and my ballot selections.  I validated
my selections on the printout and then took it to a scanner where I fed it
in.

> Unacceptable.

It is more acceptable now; your data it out of date.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745