[ale] Browser Tab management (was: Building computers)

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Aug 18 10:10:26 EDT 2020

On 8/18/20 2:53 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> Holy cow, how much space is consumed by saving every web page you're
> interested in?

Who saves every webpage?  It is only longer articles that I don't have time to read at that moment and just occasionally references I don't want to lose. Perhaps 2 pages a week get saved. Once they are read, they are removed.
An example article, saved for reference: Understand Wi-Fi 4/5/6/6E (802.11 n/ac/ax) https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html

How much space?

$ sudo du -sh /var/www/* /opt/nc-data /nfs/*
308M    /var/www/wallabag
617M    /var/www/nextcloud
5.8G    /opt/nc-data
4.7G    /nfs/Books
77G     /nfs/Photos
362G    /nfs/Music

Some of my family has storage on the nextcloud server. We share trip photos. Access is locked to their subnets and accounts. The NFS is all read-only. Don't trust php webapps enough to be primary storage for anything.

I self-host lots of things. Don't really use cloudy stuff much. Most of it would happily run on a Raspberry Pi v2 with some external, powered, storage connected.