[ale] Browser Tab management (was: Building computers)

Byron Jeff byronjeff at clayton.edu
Wed Aug 12 13:20:22 EDT 2020

Difficult to manage. Difficult to find. I probably have 500 bookmarks. They
are rarely accessed because digging through them to find something I
bookmarked 3 years ago is a challenge.

Just personally I find them to be inaccessible.

BAJ

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 12:55:43PM -0400, Charles Shapiro via Ale wrote:
>    Gee, bookmarks?
>
>    On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 10:42 AM DJ-Pfulio via Ale <[1]ale at ale.org>
>    wrote:
>
>      On 8/12/20 9:31 AM, Byron Jeff via Ale wrote:
>      > I've actually been working on tab management lately as I realize
>      the
>      > Chrome/Chromium keeps hundreds of Subframes going in the
>      background. I
>      > realized I wanted to keep access to the information of the open
>      tab, but
>      > not keep the tab open.
>      Wallabag server - it is a self-hosted, readItLater tool.
>      [2]https://wallabag.org/en  100% F/LOSS.
>      Don't confuse the paid hosted .com with the F/LOSS project at the
>      .org.  I've been self-hosting it a few years.
>      It changed my life thanks to a tablet wallabag client that syncs to
>      the server and works 100% offline. Read articles as you like.
>      Archive them for reference later.  Browser, 1-button, save to
>      Wallabag, addons. Basically, you can have a news magazine with every
>      article something you were interested in on any device.  Read it on
>      one and all the others know this, so you won't see it again without
>      looking for it.
>
> References
>
>    1. mailto:ale at ale.org
>    2. https://wallabag.org/en
>    3. mailto:Ale at ale.org

Byron A. Jeff
Associate Professor: Department of Computer Science and Information Technology
College of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Clayton State University
http://faculty.clayton.edu/bjeff