[ale] For the sanity of my marriage

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 16:20:14 EST 2019

If I haven't used it in 5 years, it goes out the door. Usually the next week I run into a need for what ever I got rid of. Much swearing later, I redesign the solution to use modern gear.

Chunk all of it into a dumpster and never look back.

Can't help with the emotional attachment part. Still crying about tossing out the first x86 I built. Can't afford therapy. Cuts into the hardware budget. :-)

On November 20, 2019 2:15:20 PM EST, Neal Rhodes via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:
>Ok, please clarify: are you seeking technical support or emotional
>help?
>
>MAYBE she's got a point?
>
>We ran a hardware/software consulting business for decades, and I found
>
>that every 5 years, it's fairly easy to sort through the plastic bins
>and toss half of it each time.   If you can't fabricate a plausible
>story as to HOW you are going to use something, toss it.   Recently I
>freed up half of the game room of crap to make more sewing space for my
>
>wife.  (But I DID get one garage bay for a workshop, so... )
>
>Still, I'll never give up my Telebit T2500 modem.   Or my RS-232
>breakout box.    Heck, I'm still using a Wyse-60 terminal to talk to my
>
>Best Ferrups UPS at 1200 baud.
>
>Regards,
>

>Neal
>

>On 2019-11-20 12:26, Scott Castaline via Ale wrote:
>> As the subject implies my wife has given me an ultimatum, I either
>> unload all of my old stuff or she will which means it'll all end up
>in
>> some landfill. I have cables dating back to MFM harddrives to flat
>> ribbon scsi, as well as more recent cables. I have various cards
>going
>> back to ISA and EISA. If interested email me for address which is in
>> the Hamilton Mill area of Buford.

Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.