[ale] 24" 4K monitor?

Ethan dev.null.02 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 16:53:30 EST 2019

it all depends on the quality of the display scaling options. 24" at 4k is
tiny without substantial display scaling. even 27" at 4k is still pretty
small imo (27" at 1440p native is perfect).

Windows is terrible at display scaling and MacOS is pretty great. no clue
about Linux.

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 4:47 PM James Taylor via Ale <ale at ale.org> wrote:

> I have had issues on my Dell ultrabook the latest kde builds on opensuse
> leap have made a big difference.
> Couldn't tell you how gnome works.
> I do have some issues with older java based graphics, though.
> Haven't found a way to resize their fonts.
> -jt
>

> James Taylor
> 678-697-9420
> james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

> I currently have a 25" 2560x1440 IPs monitor at work, and a regular
> 1920x1080 IPS monitor at home.
> I'm looking at a monitor for a second system at home, and considering
> either a 25" 2560x1440 like the one at work, or a 24" 4K (3840x2160).
> The price is very close between the two.
>
> My concern is that the 24" 4K is going to start getting into the
> annoyingly tiny text zone.
> Thoughts?  Are any of you using a 24" 4K?
> This will be primarily an openSUSE system with XFCE desktop.
>
> Thanks.
> Allen B.
> --
> Allen Beddingfield
> Systems Engineer
> Office of Information Technology
> The University of Alabama
> Office 205-348-2251
> allen at ua.edu

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity, spelling, and punctuation.