[ale] Recommendation Request - Router / MiniPC

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Thu Nov 7 18:25:15 EST 2019

I use one of these DIY mini-appliances with pfSense on it:

https://www.amazon.com/Firewall-Micro-Appliance-Gigabit-AES-NI/dp/B0742P83HY/ref=sr_1_5

- It runs cool (~ 80F)
- Fanless
- Uses all Intel branded NICs
- Storage is replaceable, and upgradeable
- Intel Atom E3845 CPU never breaks a sweat
- Supports AES-NI hardware encryption

Love it!

/Raj