[ale] After 15 years, Nohup is sttll broken???

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jul 31 10:51:46 EDT 2019

Dumb NAT firewall. SSH will NOT send any traffic unless there is traffic to send. If SSH is your only connection then the dumb NAT firewawll will only see packets duing standard TCP keep alive or when SSH sends data. To fix that firewall you need to tell SSH to send data!

ssh -o ServerAliveInterval=20 -o ServerAliveCount=5 user at host