[ale] After 15 years, Nohup is sttll broken???

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jul 31 10:49:27 EDT 2019

> From: "Neal Rhodes via Ale" <ale at ale.org>

Try the daemon utility. I use it often.

It allows you to run foreground scripts/programs like a daemon. It will capture output, respawn the command on error, etc. It allows you to give each instance a symbolic name so you can use the daemon utility to query status, restart, etc.

http://libslack.org/daemon/manpages/daemon.1.html