[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 07:01:20 EDT 2018

Some CentOS folks were funded by RH.SuSE actually has/had a SLES that runs
on Z. Cool stuff.

My view, absent facts, is that RH was moving to a purely container hosting
OS. That's the only sane reason for systemd. Given some of their other
moves, I think/thought they were trying to leap frog VMWare. Now I have no
idea, but I do have friends who work there.

Leam