[ale] IBM is buying Redhat!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 06:52:38 EDT 2018

IBM buys a revenue stream then squeezes the budget the produces that revenue until every one quits. So they then off-shore the workforce until the customers get fed up with crappy/non-existent service/quality and go elsewhere.

Since RedHat has huge DoD support contracts and IBM has been squeezed out from Fed contracts in the past for shady business dealing, buying RedHat leverages the support need into a blind eye for more shady business deals.

Banks are turning away from AIX and towards RedHat. So this pulls the banks back to IBM (kicking and crying).

Maybe SuSE can step up to fill the RHEL shoes. They are 1/10 the size and owned by a mixed bag tech corp. Ubuntu doesn't have/spend the cash to support a call center with a datacenter packed with every vendors hardware at half the revenue of SuSE. Debian has no resources. None of the other distros are anywhere large enough.

CentOS has a substantial following but is all volunteer. Fedora is mostly volunteer and backed by RedHat. Many upstream, very solid projects like Ovirt, FreeIPA, Gluster, (all tools I use daily), are heavily supported by RedHat. Those are the best target for IBM to cut funding for to boost that purchase. No need to extend/support a project already being sold.

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. All tyopes are thumb related and reflect authenticity.