[ale] One for systemd haters

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 10:50:47 EDT 2018

????? That is not what I see in my /usr/lib/systemd/system dir. There's
exactly 0 files whose name begins with a '-'. That would be beyond
dumb. I suspect a faulty distro implementation.
Checked on Fedora 28 and CentOS 7.5. No -name files.

https://serverfault.com/questions/844584/why-grep-doesnt-work-in-the-usr-lib-systemd-system-directory

> What mentally deficient cretin in the Systemd development world
> decided naming a file with a “-“ as first character was a good
> idea?
>

> This is right up there with Oracle long ago deciding to name things
> “core” while ignoring the fact most people had cron jobs to find and
> delete core dump files on a regular basis.
>
> P.S.  I still generally like Systemd but this filename is a fairly
> stupid thing to do.
>

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or
> confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended
> recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
> copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information
>  is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
> electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the
> sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it.
> Thank you

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain