[ale] One for systemd haters

Lightner, Jeffrey JLightner at dsservices.com
Tue Oct 9 10:38:10 EDT 2018

I just ran across this issue.   (Not asking for help since the link solved it - just venting.)

https://serverfault.com/questions/844584/why-grep-doesnt-work-in-the-usr-lib-systemd-system-directory

What mentally deficient cretin in the Systemd development world decided naming a file with a "-" as first character was a good idea?

This is right up there with Oracle long ago deciding to name things "core" while ignoring the fact most people had cron jobs to find and delete core dump files on a regular basis.

P.S.  I still generally like Systemd but this filename is a fairly stupid thing to do.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain privileged or confidential information and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you